Low-Cost Flu Vaccines Available Now
Low-Cost Adult Influenza - Adult Safety Net (ASN) Program
In our efforts to continue to provide outstanding immunization services to the area, Garland Public Health is happy to announce we will be providing flumist vaccines for eligible adults at no cost, while supplies last.
- Staff and patients in long-term care facilities
- Adults with underlying conditions
- African Americans and other minority groups disproportionately impacted by influenza and COVID-19
- Adults who are part of the critical infrastructure including:
- Health care professionals
- First responders
- Grocery store workers, manufacturing and food plant workers
We have 3 types of flu vaccine right now.
- Fluzone for age 6 months old and up. If they are 8 years old or younger and have never had a flu shot before, they are supposed to get another dose 1 month after the first one.
- FluBlok for age 18 and up, especially for age 50 and up
- High Dose Fluzone only for age 65 and up
- More effective than regular flu vaccine(in age 50 and up)
- 3 times stronger than regular flu vaccine
- Quadrivalent (protects against 4 strains of flu)
- Better technology (DNA) was used in making it (replicates the flu virus exactly)
If patient is 65 and up, they have 2 options:
- High Dose Fluzone (4 times stronger than regular flu vaccine and is QUADRIVALENT)
- FluBlok (3 times stronger than regular flu vaccine and is QUADRIVALENT)
The adult and children’s flu vaccine is available at the Garland Public Health Immunization Clinic, 206 Carver St. Clinic hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information call 972-205-3370.
Prevention & Control Measures
Citizens can take proactive steps to protect themselves, including:
- Avoid others who appear sick.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes and nose. This is a common transmission mode for flu.
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.