Visiting The Landfill
- Scavenging is prohibited.
- Residents must show a valid driver’s license and current utility bill as proof of residency.
- Users of the landfill are admitted under the direction of the attendant on duty
- Incoming loads will be inspected on a random basis.
- Attendant on duty will determine prohibited articles.
- No smoking allowed in the landfill facility.
- Children under the age of 12 must remain inside the vehicle.
- Vehicles hauling waste to these sites must be enclosed or be covered with a tarpaulin, net, or other means to properly secure the load in order to prevent trash from blowing or falling from the vehicle. Improperly secured loads will assess a $50 surcharge. Find out more information on tarping requirements (PDF).
For more information regarding these rules, contact the Hinton Landfill Scale House at 972-205-3670.
The Hinton Landfill has different hours of operation during the week and weekends. Always allow yourself enough time to unload before the landfill closes.
Use of Scales
• Residential and commercial customers may utilize both inbound scales.
• All residents, commercial customers, and visitors must check in with scale attendant.
• One vehicle on the scale at a time.
• Commercial customers and non-Garland residents must provide license plate number to scale attendant.
• All loads must be tarped to avoid a $50 surcharge.
• When paying by check - one check per load is required.
• Payments over the phone are not accepted.
• Every customer is required to provide payment at the time of dumping.
• No cellphone use on landfill property.
• The speed limit on landfill property is 20 mph.
• A greater reduction of speed is in effect when approaching the scale and leaving the landfill for safety and protection of scale.
• During inclement weather, please call 972-205-3670 as restrictions may apply.